IN THIS ARTICLE WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE NEWEST WINDOWS 11 INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD FOR THE DEV CHANNEL WHICH IS BUILD 25267. IN THIS BUILD WE CAN SEE A FEW CHANGES AND A LOT OF FIXES TO ISSUES REPORTED IN THE PREVIOUS BUILD
[Changes and Improvements]
[Search on the Taskbar]
- We are continuing to try out different treatments for how search looks on the taskbar that began with Build 25252. Insiders in the Dev Channel will begin seeing an updated treatment with more rounded corners starting with this build. If you see the new treatment, you can right-click on the taskbar to open taskbar settings and adjust the experience.
- Fixed an issue which caused some Insiders to have issues casting (with WIN + K) in the previous flight.
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Fixed an issue causing the Bluetooth section of Quick Settings to crash for some people.
- Updated the Quick Settings icons in the taskbar when using a screen reader so if you set focus to each of the icons it no longer includes the words system state and instead just says what the icon is (for example instead of “system volume state” it just says “volume”).
- If focus is set to an app icon on the taskbar and you use ALT + Shift + Left/Right to move it, Narrator will now say that it has been moved.
- Fixed a high hitting explorer.exe crash which was impacting some Insiders in the last two flights.
[Search on the Taskbar]
The fixes only apply for Windows Insiders who received one of the different treatments for how search looks on the taskbar that began rolling out to Insiders with Build 25252:
- We fixed the issue causing a search box which appeared to be floating on the desktop when you changed your primary monitor or plugged in an external display.
- Text in the search box should no longer be clipped on the bottom when using increased text scaling.
- Clicking the notification received the first time you press ALT + Shift should open the customize option now, rather than unexpectedly opening a Command Prompt window.
- We fixed an issue which was causing the first candidate item to be invisible or clipped sometimes in the Simplified Chinese IME candidate window.
- Fixed an issue where using “Browse for Folder” from an app was only showing Desktop (and no other folders) for some people.
- If a Windows Update failed to install, the error code in Windows Update history can now be selected if you want to copy it out.
- Fixed an issue where restartable copies of a file (for example using robocopy) with alternate data streams were hanging frequently in the latest Dev Channel builds.
You can see the list of known issues in this article from the Microsoft Blog.
For a more in-depth look over this new Build, you can watch the video below from the youtube channel.