IN THIS ARTICLE WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE NEWEST WINDOWS 11 INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD FOR THE DEV CHANNEL WHICH IS BUILD 23430. IN THIS BUILD WE CAN SEE A FEW CHANGES AND A LOT OF FIXES TO ISSUES REPORTED IN THE PREVIOUS BUILD
Changes and Improvements
- Urgent or important notifications that break through when do not disturb is turned on while using apps at full screen will now display a “view notification” button to view the content of the notification for privacy.
- In the previous flight, we documented that Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) works on desktop PCs – however, it does not. We have updated that blog post. Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) also needs to be enabled by the OEM (the manufacturer of the device). As a result, this feature is not available on all laptop or 2-in-1 devices.
- A limit of 20 most recent tabs has been introduced under Settings > Multitasking to show tabs in ALT + TAB and Snap Assist.
- We are introducing a new setting under Settings > Privacy & security > For developers to enable end task when right-clicking an app on the taskbar. This setting is in Build 23430 but does not currently work when the feature is toggled on. It will be fixed in a future flight.
- Fixed an underlying issue causing some Insiders to see an increase in explorer.exe crashes in the last 2 flights.
- Fixed an issue where text input features like touch keyboard, voice typing, and emoji panel might not launch.
- Fixed an issue where the buttons in the Pinyin IME’s settings flyout were hard to see when they had focus if a contrast theme was enabled.
- Fixed an issue impacting Task Manager reliability.
- The search box should no longer be cropped at the top when the window is maximized.
- Fixed an issue where in Quick Settings, Narrator was reading out the previous page’s title instead of the active page’s.
- After downloading voice access, information to help you get started with it should correctly open again now.
- Fixed an issue where popups for voice access weren’t translated correctly.
For a more in-depth look over this new Build, you can watch the video below from the youtube channel.