In this article we will talk about the newest Windows 11 Insider Preview Build for the Dev Channel which is Build 22526 . In this build we can see a few changes and a lot of fixes to issues reported in the previous build
Changes and Improvements
- We’re experimenting with showing ALT + TAB as windowed instead of full screen for some Insiders.
- We have added support for wideband speech when using Apple AirPods products (AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max), improving audio quality for voice calls.
- Starting with Build 22518, Credential Guard is now enabled by default on Windows 11 Enterprise (E3 and E5) licensed PCs that are enterprise-joined.
- We are experimenting with indexing more file locations so that using search to find important files in Files Explorer is quicker.
- Did some work to help address an issue where if you’d used search in File Explorer, and then explorer.exe crashed, the next time you tried to search in File Explorer it wouldn’t work.
- We’ve made another fix to help address the recent searches flyout getting stuck on the screen (appearing transparent except the border).
- Improved the resolution of app icons displayed in search results when the display scaling was set to greater than 100%.
- If you’re using spotlight collection, the current image should migrate on upgrade now (if the build you’re upgrading from is Build 22523 or higher).
- Fixed an issue result in the Widgets board potentially not having the correct resolution when hovering over the entry point on a secondary monitor.
- Addressed an issue where the Widgets board would temporarily be blank, showing only an Add Widgets button (which also opened to a blank dialog).
- Fixed a bugcheck with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED remote desktop users were encountering when attempting to shutdown or restart.
- Microsoft Store should no longer show a message that trying to install the latest Web Media Extension update is returning error code 0x80073CFB.
- Addressed a DWM crash impacting some Insiders on the previous flight.
You can see the list of known issues in this article from the Microsoft Blog.
For a more in-depth look over this new Build, you can watch the video below from the youtube channel.